Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The (slight) Return of the Blog

I can't believe it's been about 4 1/2 years since I last blogged.  A lot of things have changed since I last logged in. A believe a brief recap is in order.  As I last posted in August 2010, I got my PS3 back about a few weeks before Christmas.  I didn't buy Rock Band 1, Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2, Gran Turismo 5, Medal of Honor, or Rock Band 3 (more on why I didn't buy all those games in a moment).  However I did get NBA 2K11.

2011, Sony got attacked and PSN was down for a few weeks.  Seemed longer than that.  Got four of the five games out the deal.  Before that, I bought the Mortal Kombat reboot.  I enjoyed that a whole lot.  I also became a fan of Borderlands, bought Batman: Arkham City, and received NBA 2K12 as a Christmas gift.

2012, we had a few deaths in the family.  One of those things, we all have to face.  I got MLB 12: The Show, the 1st baseball game I bought in 3 years.  I also bought Borderlands 2, Red Dead Redemption, Hitman: Absolution, WWE '13, and the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.  On my birthday, I became a member of PlayStation Plus.  I'll probably remain a member of Plus for as long as I own a PlayStation console.  I finally put my 60 gig PS3 to rest and got a Super Slim for Christmas.

2013, I got another laptop of Christmas.  Bought Grand Theft Auto 5, Battlefield 4, and the Last of Us, and Gran Turismo 6.  Bought quite a few games digitally from the PlayStation Store (thanks to the Plus discounts).  Played a bunch of games from Plus and I need to complete my backlog.

Fast forward to the present, I bought MLB 14: The Show, played Metal Gear Solid : Ground Zeroes, and downloaded games to our Xbox 360.  Started listening to several wrestling podcasts and finally started transitioning to playing PC games.  It's going pretty slow, but I'm enjoying it.

As to why I didn't buy the titles I previously had wanted in 2010.  Resident Evil 5 came to PlayStation Plus so that saved me money.  Dead Rising 2 was given to Xbox 360 users for free, along side Dead Rising 2: Case Zero.  Medal of Honor, I wasn't feeling after the demo.  Rock Band 1 and 3 I forgot about.  Gran Turismo 5 had a large install and with me only having 60 gigs, I couldn't prioritize the space on my hard drive.  Plus, the 60 gig PS3 had known issues with GT5.

I'll be regularly blogging on here instead of Facebook.  It isn't that great for what exactly I want to do, but I'll have regular posts on both.   Glad to be back blogging and hopefully it will be a more rewarding experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment