Monday, January 19, 2015

Games of the Generation Part 2

Last time on the blog, we had a debate about Spec Ops : The Line

-That wasn't a debate, more like a one-sided argument about why you loved Spec Ops and why you didn't pick The Last of Us as the first game on the list.

I told you why I wasn't gonna put The Last of Us on there...

Excuses Kenny, excuses...

Do you wanna clear my backlog of games for me?

Nope. But while you're making your excuses, I wanna talk about the next game on the list.






Uhh... I haven't played it yet.  Got Episode 1 free from Xbox Live and PSN.  Talk about another Telltale Game.


Like....










That will work for me.  Besides, I'm pretty sure the story choices that we made we're different.

So, The Walking Dead Season 1 is on the list?

Yeah.  I enjoyed Season 2, but overall it fell short of what Season 1 accomplished.

Like what?

Some of the characters you meet in Season 2 felt underdeveloped.  Some of the actions that you chose didn't make that much of an impact (except the end of Season 2).  The ending I chose was one of multiple endings, but the 'good' ending made much more sense in the larger picture.  I have no idea how Telltale is gonna attempt to pull that off, but whenever Season 3 is released, hopefully my save data from PS3 will carry over.

What did you like about Season 2?

Season 2 starts off with a bang and in typical Walking Dead fashion, well I won't spoil it.  It was enough to buy Season 2 when it went on sale in December, I believe.  All 5 five episodes for $14.99.  I couldn't pass that up.  I definitely like some of the members of the group, but everyone else I couldn't connect with.  At least if you bought the 400 Days DLC from Season 1, some of those characters appear in Season 2...  I see what you're trying to do, you want me to talk about Season 2 while we don't discuss Season 1.  I'm going to let you type to your hearts content about Season 1.  I'll be thinking about the next game on the list and play NBA 2K15.

You can't leave in the middle of the blog.

 Watch me.  I'm signing out and I'll catch you on the next blog.  KEN OUT!!!

*Turns on NBA 2K15 and plays MyTeam*

The Walking Dead Season 1 was a good story.  What I liked about it was some of the choices you had to make.  One I remember is do you tell Clementine that....

Uhh, Angie, aren't you forgetting something?

I thought you were playing NBA 2K?

I can multitask.  No spoilers about the game.

You spoiled some of the Batman game on a Facebook post years ago...

I had a disclaimer.  It was a major spoiler.  Plus it was a nod to something Metal Gear Solid did about 15 years ago.

KENNY, I HATE YOUR RULES.  I'M GONNA BREAK 'EM, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!  

Do whatever you want.  I don't care...


Hey, Kenny...














Like I was saying, each one of the games had different things you could do.  One was choosing to tell Clementine she was eating human or not.  Another was saving the chick who was good with the gun or the guy who could build stuff.  Both of them died eventually.  The guy, Ben.  I knew he was trying to help the group, but he was a liability.  I glad he died.  Duck was ok.  I'm glad he and Clementine were friends, but it sucks to see one of your friends die.  And poor Katja.  Lily's dad was a jerk and I was glad he died too.  I wonder if he was gonna turn.  It would've been cool to have Lee choose Lily or Kenny to save.  I would've save Lily, because screw guys like Kenny.  They're all jerks.  j/k :-p

The main character was Lee.  I liked Lee.  He might not be Clementine's real dad, he raised her like she was his.  When Lee got bite in episode 4, I felt sorry for him.  I thought he was gonna live if they cut his arm off.  At least in the T.V. when Herschel got bit, they cut his leg off.  Knowing Kenny, I bet he cut Lee's arm off thinking the same thing.  One thing I remember was this car at the end of one game.  You could choose to steal the stuff to survive or leave it alone.  In a zombie apocalypse, finders keepers, losers weepers.  Then the creepy dude in episode 5 that was Lee and Clem's stalker.  I liked how he talked about the things we did and how Lee had to explain why he did those things.  I'm glad that creep got what he deserved.  But the ending of episode 5 made me sad.  You could handcuff Lee and let him turn or kill him so he doesn't have to suffer as a zombie.  When Clem and Lee had their last talk, it reminded me of Return of the Jedi, when Luke took off his dad's mask.  All that Lee and Clem went through and it was over in a blink.  Christa and Omid were ok, they came in too late for me to get an good opinion on them.  Maybe in Season 2, they let us find out more about Christa and Omid or if they lived or died.  The biggest mystery is what happened to Kenny, not the Kenny I know, but the Kenny in the game.  Did he die? Is he alive? 















What in the world? How did you survive that?

I'm an American ninja.

Like Chris Farley?

Indeed.  I'm glad you had fun taking over my blog.  For the next topic, I'm going to your wheelhouse.  Without a doubt one of the best RPGs to be released and that's all I will say.

When did you play...

Remember Angie, we have to give the readers something to reel them back in for the next one.  If you give them too much information...

Kenny, that's boring.  Let me use one of your catchphrases.

 Go for it.

Until next, just because a zombie is down, doesn't mean it's dead...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment